I meet Seth years ago on a trip to London with Brian Gaberman we spent al lot of time at Slam City Skate shop drinking coffee and waiting for the day to get started. London is where I sort-of get to to know Seth via some random conversations, skateboarding, and partying in the evenings. With that sad I'm no authority on who he is or what he eats, I asked Seth's good friend Mark Foster to take a stab at some questions about the basics of life that help to make up Seth Curtis.
- (FOS) What is your go to meal at Pizza Express? and how many times a week do you eat there?
- Easy, florentine with rocket (like your kickflips) and a soft egg, caesar salad on the side, glass of Montepulciano , and a bottle of San Pellegrino. I have ordered the same thing for probably the past 10 years or even longer.... If I could go there once a week I would, now its less, more like once a month. Although, now my son has got into pizza in a big way recently (and P.E is his favorite) so you never know maybe that tally will go up! Wish I had the classic pizza express front and back logo shirt the staff used to wear, real tight. the Payne and Relph rip off shirt was a good one...
- Would you say that Tom Waits is legitimate video part music?
- This used to be a bone of contention, I used to think not, now I'm inclined to think heart attack and vine would be a banger!
- You're the only person in the world who I have ever heard complain about having brand new socks on and feeling like they couldn't skate in them, can you explain the problems that you have with new socks?
- Man, you think your good, then suddenly your feet start sliding around in your shoes with the sweat! it happens with 100 percent cotton too, it really sucks. Side note: zero socks are the only ones I never had a problem with, nice one jamie!
- What are the three bands that changed your life?
- Black Sabbath, Morrissey, Elliott Smith.
- Besides Max obviously, who is your favorite character in Mad Max 2, the Road Warrior?
- Dunno, I would have to re-watch that sucker. Mad Max 1 gives me anxiety, the bit where his kid gets killed. Uuuugggghhhhh...
- Top 5 skate video parts.